LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The attorney for the West Salem man convicted of killing his wife wants more time to file an appeal in the case.
Attorney Jerome Buting's extension request was granted by the Court of Appeals. The appeal decision has been extended to January 31, 2020.
Multiple requests for extensions have been granted.
Kendhammer was found guilty of first degree intentional homicide in December of 2017 for the death of his wife, Barbara.
A jury handed down the guilty verdict following more than nine hours of deliberations and a trial that lasted about 9 days.
Prosecutors for the state claimed Kendhammer killed his wife and then staged a freak car accident to cover it up.
Kendhammer argued that a pipe fell off a passing truck and went through the couple's car windshield, hitting and killing Barbara in the passenger's seat.
Kendhammer is currently serving a life prison sentence, with a chance of parole after 30 years.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Holmen High School honoring Hmong Veterans
- Undergrad research showcased at Viterbo
- Planning process continues for Ward Avenue Kwik Trip in La Crosse
- More than 1,200 parking citations on first night of alternate side parking in La Crosse
- La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner organizers focusing on bringing everyone together
- Program teaches kids about Native American heritage
- There's a new addition to Grand Dad Bluff this holiday season
- Rabid kitten bites three people in Minnesota county
- Children's Museum celebrates the 22nd annual America Recycles Day
- Eau Claire Sheriff warns of person claiming to be officer
- College students participate in a special training about indigenous peoples
- Local political expert clarifies impeachment proceedings; where do we go from here?
- Project raises awareness about diversity in La Crosse
- Minneapolis officials discover 1,700 untested rape kits
- Holmen High School students honor Hmong veterans