HOKAH, Minn (WKBT) - UPDATE: Traffic now open on Highway 44 after officer involved shooting near Hokah.
PREVIOUS:The Houston County Sheriff's Office said there was an officer involved shooting early Monday near Hokah, Minnesota.
Two suspects are in custody and there is no threat to the public, police said, and no officers were injured.
An investigation is underway by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, according to authorities.
Highway 44 is closed at Hokah and County Road 20 and it is expected to stay closed for most of the day while the BCA processes the area.
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts Santa workshop
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue
- La Crosse's Rotary Lights on track for record year
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 9, 2017