EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - A threat of school-related violence was reported to the Eau Claire Police Department and staff in the Eau Claire Area School district on March 16.
According to police, a group of Memorial High School students were using Facebook Messenger to communicate a possible mass shooting at the school. The messages included photographs of firearms and several statements discussed a planned shooting at the school.
Officers and school staffed interviewed many students, parents, and faculty members and as a result of the investigation, four juvenile suspects were identified and all were students of Memorial High School.
All suspects were referred to Eau Claire County Juvenile Intake for violation of Wisconsin State Statute 947.018 - Making Terrorist Threats and will not be returning to Memorial High School.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no