EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Eau Claire Police Department added a Detective to the Chippewa Valley Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory (CVRCFL) to help with investigations involving adults who prey on children.
Over the past several months, the Eau Claire Police Department arrested four men after investigations by the detectives in the CVRCFL. Jarad J. Bischoff, 34, Pierre A. Amyotte, 34, Duane A. Schoonover, 44, and Tracy D. Conry, 48, were charged with child enticement, using a computer to facilitate a sex crime and attempted first degree sexual assault of a child. All of the men believed they were communicating with a child and were meeting for the purpose of a sexual encounter.
The CVRCFL is a collaboration of Detectives from the Eau Claire Police Department, Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office and the Altoona Police Department. They extract, examine and preserve computer, cell phone and other digital evidence for a wide range of crimes committed in the Chippewa Valley. They also conduct proactive investigations as they relate to Internet Crimes Against Children by identifying and arresting child sexual predators in the Chippewa Valley.
- Holmen community launches 'Holmen Cares'
- Officials say Holmen apartment complex fire began inside car
- La Crosse-based company to provide 2018 Super Bowl hotdogs
- Highway 16 lane closure begins Tuesday for storm sewer repairs
- Prairie du Chien's Antoine named to '18 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team
- Walker wants to move up youth prison closure
- Ignition interlocks will soon have cameras in Iowa
- UPDATE: Rochester teenager shot, killed after crash, confrontation
- State Rep. Wachs raises more than $500,000 for governor run
- Board might ask judge to modify ban on guns in courthouse