LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Todd Kendhammer murder trial continues Thursday as the jurors watch and listen to a four hour interview tape with investigators interrogating Kendhammer.
Kendhammer was visibly upset and restless in the video.
Investigators pushed Kendhammer for answers on his account of what happened. His story of going to fix a windshield wasn’t supported by others and that Barbara’s injuries could not have come from a pipe, police said.
Todd Kendhammer says “I don’t know” multiple times, answering questions about the truck, how Barbara got her injuries, and the timeline of what happened, noting that everything happened so quickly.
Kendhammer said he and Barbara never argued and that he "100 percent" would never hurt his wife.
Prosecutors are still making their way through their witness list.
The defense will likely start calling their witnesses to the stand next week.
- Jury finds Kendhammer guilty of First Degree Intentional Homicide
- La Crosse common council votes to override mayor's veto of parks dept. audit
- #MeToo movement comes to La Crosse with 'Take Back the Night' march
- Community comes together to support family following fire tragedy
- Gundersen announces plans for new cancer center in Tomah
- La Crosse committee gets update on South Ave. project
- La Crosse Salvation Army distributes Christmas baskets
- Jury convicts woman of murder in teen's starvation death
- The jury has reached a verdict in the Kendhammer murder trial
- Defendant Todd Kendhammer takes stand in murder trial