VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Coon Valley woman has been charged in Vernon County Court in the overdose death of a Genoa man.
Amara Lee, 27, is charged with first-degree reckless homicide.
Authorities received a call from Karl Tully's mother, Julie, on September 7, 2017, reporting that she found her son unresponsive in a motel room at the Waters Edge Motel in Stoddard.
According to the criminal complaint, investigators obtained surveillance video footage showing Tully and Lee entering the motel room at approximately 11:30 p.m., September 6. No one else was seen on the video entering the room until his body was found the next morning.
Authorities said Lee told them she was in the motel room with Tully for close to 45 minutes and during that time she took a small quantity of the heroin she purchased for her own personal use and she gave Tully the drug as well. Authorities found a mix of fentanyl, heroin, oxycodone, tramadol and acetyl fentanyl in Tully’s motel bathroom.
Lee is due in court on Feb. 14, 2018.
- "This program absolutely saved my life" -- Local veteran talks about Exposure Therapy
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- Ramsey County attorney will reopen review of police shooting
- Tornado Watch for News 8 Viewing Area
- Job Fair provides opportunities for job seekers
- Here, Hear to bring local history alive for local students