LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One of the men arrested as part of a burglary investigation earlier this week finds himself in handcuffs for a second time, one day after posting bond.
20-year-old Dai'Twon E'Shawn Cowson was originally arrested along with five others last Saturday after La Crosse police were investigating several burglaries near college campuses.
Cowson was released on bond after his court appearance there, but was arrested the next morning after allegedly not paying a taxi fare.
He now faces an additional misdemeanor charge of defrauding a cab driver and a felony charge of bail jumping for violating the terms of his bond.
He was released today on a $500 signature bond.
- School and other weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Wisconsin Legislature to vote on reinsurance, tax cuts
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Search turned up illegal drugs, hand grenade in Neillsville
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Original Picasso print stolen from Milwaukee art gallery
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet