BUFFALO CITY, Wis. (WKBT) - A Buffalo City woman is arrested on child neglect and drug charges according to the Buffalo County Sheriff's Office.
Brittney Shawley is charged with maintaining a trafficking place, methamphetamine, child neglect and possession of drug paraphernalia, police said.
Authorities confirmed that Shawley was the wife and mother of the two people killed in a trailer home fire December 12, 2017.
The fire is still under investigation.
RELATED STORY: Two people were killed in an early morning trailer home fire in Buffalo County.
Police identified the deceased as Douglas Shawley, 30 and Genevieve Shawley, 2, both of Buffalo City.
It happened around 5 a.m. December 12 on Circle Drive along County OO in Buffalo City.
According to the Buffalo County Sheriff's Department, a deputy arrived on the scene within four minutes of the call and reported the back half of the trailer home was engulfed in flames.
A deputy reported a small explosion happened that believed could have been a propane tank. Deputies evacuated all surrounding homes until the Fire Department arrived.
Fire crews realized two family members were missing and later found they had succumbed to the smoke and fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation and deputies said the bodies were taken to Madison for an autopsy.
- School and other weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Wisconsin Legislature to vote on reinsurance, tax cuts
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Search turned up illegal drugs, hand grenade in Neillsville
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Original Picasso print stolen from Milwaukee art gallery
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet