COMSTOCK, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in Barron County say a search of a barn near Comstock uncovered a sophisticated marijuana growing operation.
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says authorities seized more than 300 marijuana plants on Thursday, after a monthlong investigation. They arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of drug manufacturing.
The law enforcement operation involved the sheriff's offices from Barron, Rusk and Washburn counties, along with the state Department of Criminal Investigation.
- Tomah woman inspires others with her amazing determination
- City planners say Herberger's liquidation changes the way communities must look at retail
- Snow melt creates possible flooding risk in La Crosse area
- La Crosse pregnancy program reduces time at doctor's office
- Westby freshman adjusts quickly to new sport
- Wisconsin unemployment remains at record-low 2.9 percent
- Walker seeks federal waiver for reinsurance in Wisconsin
- Try new local restaurants with Restaurant Week in La Crosse
- Winona State students raise awareness about mental health and suicide
- La Crosse's mayor holds 'Coffee with Kabat'