TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities received a call Thursday regarding a break-in at a hunting cabin in the township of Preston in Trempealeau County.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department, a neighbor reported the incident after talking with the owner of the cabin, who confirmed that no one was supposed to be at the cabin; that it should be locked and unoccupied.
Based on an investigation, authorities believe that Jonathon P. Pogreba broke into the cabin but has since left the area and is no longer in Trempealeau County.
Jonathon Pogreba is wanted in a domestic incident involving a firearm in Waukesha County and should be considered armed and dangerous.
Pogreba, 43, is described as white, approximately 6 foot tall and 210 pounds. Authorities said he may be driving a four-door sedan he stole from Waukesha County, a 2015 white BMW 328XI, with Wisconsin plates 128 YCW.
A tip line has been set up by Waukesha County at 262-896-8139, and local authorities recommend calling 911 if you see the vehicle or a person matching Pogreba's description.
- Waukesha County fugitive expected to turn himself in Thursday
- Missing Tomah man found safe
- Democratic Milwaukee businessman Andy Gronik drops out
- Groups trying to find long term solutions for homeless people in La Crosse parks
- UPDATE: Additional charges filed in Bangor home invasion case
- UPDATE: Statewide alert sent out for man missing from Tomah VA
- La Crosse County Board to decide legal marijuana advisory referendum by end of July
- Local leaders consider national immigration policies' effects on communities
- Holmen student project being sent into space
- Alzheimer's impact recognized at 'The Longest Day'