EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Eau Claire Police Department arrested four men in a string of cell phone store burglaries, according to a media release.
Five burglaries in the city of Eau Claire at Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS and Smart Choice Mobile were investigated over the past two months by the Eau Claire police. Similar burglaries happened at Verizon Wireless stores in Lake Hallie and Menomonie and a Sprint PCS store in Hudson which police found were done by the same group of men, the release said.
Police investigators found Davy L. Cole, 29, as the suspect and that Cole was assisted in the burglaries by juveniles, according to the police.
Eau Claire police arrested Cole in his car on Conrad Street on June 20, as well as Nicholas A. Stoneburg, 21, Darren D. Walker, 17 and Kenwick L. Walker, 22. The evidence found inside the car linked Cole to all burglaries in the city of Eau Claire, according to the release.
Further investigation revealed that these men were also responsible for the burglary in Lake Hallie the same night, police said.
Police found Cole was also involved in a Domino's Pizza robbery on April 7, 2017, the release said.
The burglaries are still under investigation, as police believe additional suspects are involved.
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- $1 million bond set for Monroe Co. man accused in fatal shooting
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Resilient Vikings have taken their cue from Zimmer