MINNEAPOLIS, Min. (WKBT) - An Amber Alert has been cancelled after a child was kidnapped following a stabbing in South Minneapolis early Tuesday morning.
According to the Minneapolis Police Department, just before 6 a.m. officers were called to a domestic situation on the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue South.
Upon arrival, they found a woman with a stab wound to the leg.
Further investigation found a child had been taken from the home. Police believe the child was taken by the non-custodial father.
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension identified the suspect as 26-year-old Hershel Theo Hulbert of Minneapolis, who also uses the name “Herlsey.” He is black with brown eyes and short black hair, and stands 5-foot, 9-inches tall with a thin build.
The child is a 2-and-a-half-year-old boy named Harlen Vontrel Hulbert. He was wearing a red and gray shirt with blue jeans, and had his hair in braids.
A second person is believed involved with the incident, and is believed to be armed with a gun. No other information on the second person was immediately available.
They are believed to be traveling in a silver Dodge Durango bearing Minnesota license plate 628-MMM.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising