LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A motorcyclist sped through a construction zone Saturday night and crashed into a curb of the new roundabout at 7th and Cass Streets, according to the La Crosse Police Department's Facebook Page.
According to police, Cody R. Stone, 26, drove through the construction cones at what seems to be a high rate of speed. Police found skid marks and an area where the motorcycle appears to have been laid down and slid on the road.
Stone, who had a preliminary breath alcohol reading of 0.194, hit the curb of the new roundabout leaving several gouges, police said.
- La Crosse World War Two veteran receives overdue honor
- La Crosse Police Department reminds boaters about responsibility, safety
- Water from frac sand facility reaches national wildlife refuge
- Elections commission outlines security spending plan
- La Crosse completes construction on 3 new median islands
- Groups urge vetoes over environmental trust fund 'raid'
- Milwaukee port starts shipping petroleum, raising concerns
- NCAA Division III Track and Field Championships underway in La Crosse
- Mental Health event held in La Crosse
- Hiawatha Valley Mental Health working towards new facility