LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two men appeared in court Monday for shooting and killing a fox in Woodlawn Cemetery on December 28, 2017.
According to La Crosse police, Jarod Cary, 23, and Jesse Cary, 21, went to Woodlawn Cemetery in La Crosse, shot and killed the fox.
Jesse Cary originally denied shooting the fox, but an investigation determined Jesse fired the .22 rifle and he admitted to police that he only wanted to make a hat for his children.
Both men were cited and released for obstructing and Jesse was also charged with discharging a firearm in city limits.
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- Onalaska city leaders call on Joint Municipal Court judge to resign
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools
- Wisconsin elections officials plan for bad weather
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- News 8 Sports Round Up-February 19, 2018
- Compass NOW community meetings to talk about biggest needs in 5 local counties