VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office is looking for two young males, ages 11 and 13 from La Crosse, in connection with several thefts in the Village of De Soto.
Sheriff John Spears said a call came in Monday morning reporting two young males were trying to break into several vehicles in De Soto. Around the same time, officers were contacted by the Crawford County Sheriff's Department regarding a single vehicle accident near the Pronto Gas Station. The car involved was disabled and stolen earlier in the day from the City of La Crosse.
Another vehicle, a Jeep Liberty, was reported stolen shortly after Noon from in front of the post office. The Jeep was later found along Highway 35, south of Genoa and a caller reported two younger man walking north along the highway.
Authorities are looking for the person who picked up the juveniles and gave them a ride to La Crosse from Genoa, Monday afternoon between Noon and 2 p.m. Call the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at 608-637-2123 or 800-637-2123 with information.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools
- Wisconsin elections officials plan for bad weather
- Onalaska city leaders call on Joint Municipal Court judge to resign