SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Two adults are under arrest on alleged child neglect charges in Monroe County.
Monroe County Sheriff Scott Perkins said, a report of child neglect happening at a home in the Village of Melvina was received early Friday morning, August 24.
The complainant provided evidence that children were being kept in makeshift cages at the residence, authorities said.
A search warrant was executed and children were located.
Two adults are under arrest and charges will be forthcoming, according to officials.
Sheriff Perkins said the investigation is active and no names or further information will be released at this time.
- Wisconsin will not join tentative settlement agreement with Purdue Pharma
- Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to stop in Decorah
- Set up details for La Crosse Oktoberfest parades
- Oktoberfest USA Medallion has been found
- Hmong New Year Festival helps bond community members
- Concordia Ballroom gets dancers up to speed with free polka lessons
- Former Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen claims Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest crown
- King Apple Parade marches through La Crescent
- Retired Air Force major general introduces new book to area veterans
- UW-La Crosse soccer loses thriller in double overtime against Coe College