SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - The man accused of a Monroe County shooting death last week that closed an area school district was in court Tuesday.
Bond for 35-year-old Adalberto Mateo Quinonez Lopez was set at $1 million cash Tuesday morning in Monroe County Court.
Lopez was arrested on Friday in the shooting death of 25-year-old Israel Garcia Alcantara in the township of Jefferson outside of Cashton.
Lopez faces First Degree Intentional Homicide and multiple Endangering Safety charges.
The Cashton School District cancelled classes Friday because of the shooting.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools