AMES, Iowa (AP) - An Ames company where a worker was fatally injured says a safety device fell on him.
Danfoss Power Solutions said in a news release Sunday that a preliminary investigation determined that a safety hood on a motor testing operation struck 45-year-old John Lavery. The Ames resident died about 4 p.m. Thursday at the hydraulic motors plant.
The company says it is replacing all the other safety hoods with a new design that the company says will prevent similar accidents.
Federal officials have joined the accident investigation.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled