LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Additional parking is coming to La Crosse's downtown.
Levels four and five on the Riverside Parking Ramp will be available for use in about a week. Construction of the additional levels began mid- June of last year.
The ramp on Jay and Second Streets will add between 200 and 300 parking spaces for those in the downtown area.
"Things get kind of crazy downtown, they do, and with LHI adding employees constantly it'll be nice, it'll give us a little extra relief,” said La Crosse Parking Utility Coordinator Jim Flottmeyer.
A sixth level on the Riverside Parking Ramp is being added, but city parking officials are not yet sure when it will be completed.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Walker says he would be 'shocked' if Ryan drops out
- House Speaker Paul Ryan denies reports he may leave Congress
- Franken confirms handover to Smith in early January
- U of Minnesota moving ahead with nonresident tuition hike