NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Tennessee company has issued a recall of Southgate Hot Dog Chili Sauce distributed in 13 states due to mislabeling.
Vietti Foods in Nashville said it is recalling approximately 200 cases of 15-ounce cans of the chili sauce, UPC 0 71846 95242 6, LOT P642 M1217 70026, marked on the bottom of the can.
Vietti said some of the cans may contain dumplings with chicken, which contains egg and wheat not listed on the label, and could cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with allergies.
The product was distributed through retail stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with this problem.
Return cans to place of purchase for a refund.
- La Crosse police search for two men in antique jewelry theft
- Explosion rocks Wisconsin refinery, at least 6 hurt
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- La Crosse restaurant owner watching E. Coli outbreak closely
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant
- Winona man heading to prison for child neglect that resulted in death
- Temporary teaching permit aims to fill need for substitute teachers
- National opioid crisis continues but local numbers show progress
- Square foot gardening kits sold in La Crosse
- Nursing research event held in La Crosse