LA FARGE, Wis. (WKBT) - A child in the village of La Farge is safe after an attempted abduction.
According to the Vernon County Sheriff's office, at approximately 8:15 p.m. Friday, officers responded to reports of an attempted child abduction.
The 9-year old child was walking from Bean Park near the intersection of Highland and Maple Streets, when the child reported being grabbed from behind.
The child kicked the suspect and was able to escape and run away, according to officers.
The suspect is described as a Caucasian male, possibly in his twenties, with a thin build and dark hair.
According to the Vernon County Sheriff's Department, he was reported wearing a black-colored, "half mask" on his face, black t-shirt and red shoes and was last seen walking west on Highland Street.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 608-637-2123 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Anonymous tips can also by submitted by calling Crime Stoppers at 608-637-8477 or online at https://www.p3tips.com.
- Turnout in Wisconsin primary highest since 2002
- Trane reaches agreement with union workers in La Crosse
- Gov. Walker kicks off re-election campaign in Onalaska
- Broadcasters invite governor, Senate candidates to debates
- Democrats' hope to beat Walker is former teacher
- Little-known official ends ex-Gov. Pawlenty's comeback bid
- Parade of Homes starts Friday
- Young boulevard trees need to be watered
- Wisconsin appeals court rejects frack sand lawsuit
- DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary