ADAMS COUNTY, Wis. - The body of an 11-year-old boy missing in the Wisconsin River was found Monday morning, according to the Adams County sheriff.
Sheriff Brent York told News 3 Now the body of Jamison Miller was found near the Kilbourn Dam around 7:30 a.m.
Crews had been searching for Miller since last Tuesday, when he went underwater while swimming with family in the river.
Friends and family held a vigil for Miller Saturday afternoon.
Diving operations were suspended on Sunday but crews remained on the river Monday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- River Valley VA Clinic relocating to Valley View Mall
- Police: Arcadia business evacuated due to chemical spill
- Witnesses called in homicide trial of Erik Sackett
- City of La Crosse releases proposed 2020 Operating Budget
- Rose Street close north of Monitor Street in La Crosse for sewer repair
- $250,000 upgrades to dental spaces for Western Technical College
- Bus safety reminders for drivers, students as part of National School Bus Safety Week
- Hemp delivery driver arrested in SD indicted on drug charges
- UW-Madison pushes for bill funding searches for MIA soldiers
- Hearing delayed for man charged in killing of Iowa student