ADAMS COUNTY, Wis. - The body of an 11-year-old boy missing in the Wisconsin River was found Monday morning, according to the Adams County sheriff.
Sheriff Brent York told News 3 Now the body of Jamison Miller was found near the Kilbourn Dam around 7:30 a.m.
Crews had been searching for Miller since last Tuesday, when he went underwater while swimming with family in the river.
Friends and family held a vigil for Miller Saturday afternoon.
Diving operations were suspended on Sunday but crews remained on the river Monday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- More river cruise boats could come to La Crosse
- Name released in Jackson Co. fatal crash
- Town of Gale and surrounding areas bouncing back after tornado
- Coon Valley officials to host Trout Fest despite more flood damage
- Group of tubers rescued on Black River
- Home sales slump in Wisconsin as compared to 2018
- Open house Tuesday for La Crosse's outgoing chief of police
- La Crosse Concert Band makes donation to Bandshell Consortium
- Preserving more than 14,000 acres of forest land approved
- Businesses favored GOP with cash in first half of 2019