ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Celebrate Onalaska was at Van Riper Park and the Omni Center on Saturday.
Organizers call the free event an "All-American Celebration", which features entertainment, food, inflatable rides and more.
John Stiloski, the community involvement specialist for Festival Foods, said it’s important to keep events like this going to bring communities together.
"It's something that any community should have, and I'm glad that we have it here. We've had it for years, and we've built on it and we sustain it," said Stiloski.
Live music started at 7:30 p.m. on the Soccer Fields, and then there was a Festival Foods fireworks show at 9:45 p.m. Music started again after the fireworks show.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Canoers paddle in Coon Creek Canoe Races a year after widespread flooding
- Law enforcement: Dead passenger and injured driver found about 5 miles apart
- Reports say stolen Hy-Vee account information being sold
- Rural Wisconsin community holds its first LGBTQ+ Pride Festival
- More than 300 volunteers kick off a year of service with Viterbo
- Wisconsin leads nation in family farm bankruptcies
- Prairie Du Chien scores late touchdown to stun Aquinas 7-6 in season opener
- Lueth Park celebrates 20 years of skating
- Runners take off from runway in aviation event
- Seven area artists show their works at artPOP art show