LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A friendly competition seeking to determine the best burger in town was back in La Crosse this year.
The second annual burger bash took place Saturday afternoon at Riverfest.
The competition put on by Reinhart foods, brings in chefs from all over Wisconsin to prepare their famous burgers.
Each chef is judged on several categories including appearance and flavor.
Terry Bauer, director of fun for Reinhart Foods, said this a fun and unique way to bring people into Riverfest.
"The uniqueness of the competition is that we get chefs from beyond La Crosse. That brings people to La Crosse. When you're talking about it in Waunakee that you're coming to La Crosse for Riverfest, people come with them. They're in Marshfield and Rochester so it brings people to town which is what we like to have,” Bauer said.
- Backpage seized by federal government
- Sign-up for $100 child rebate to open May 15
- Candidates file papers for special legislative elections
- Wisconsin Lt. Governor candidate visits La Crosse
- Crypto outbreak spreads from La Crosse across Wisconsin
- La Crosse Street project sees movement after WisDOT meeting
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush dies at age 92
- Assignment: Education - Spartan SOUP
- Local businesses learn how FoxConn project may impact them
- La Crosse man appears in court on child enticement, sex charges