LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members are trying to raise funds for the restoration of a historic building in Myrick Park. On Saturday, Myrick Park Community will host it's "Bring Back the House" event.
The event will feature live music, catered food by big boar barbeque, silent auctions, and raffles. All proceeds from the event will go to restore the historic Otto Merman Duck House and Pond in Myrick Park.
Organizers said many things need to be done to the building including digging the pond around it, but it will be just like the original.
"It's actually gotta be just like it was, because it's a historic site now. It has to go back and be redone like the original. Obviously it can't be exactly, because times have changed a little bit but we're gonna put it back to as close as we can," said Myrick Park Community founder Sue Lacoste
The fundraiser will be at Boot Hill Pub in La Crosse Saturday from 5:30-10:00 p.m. Tickets can be bought in advance for the event for $15 at local festival foods stores or $20 at the door.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse