LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Members of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse are getting some help preparing for the new school year.
The club teamed up with the School District of La Crosse and La Crosse County to host a Back to School Fair at both of their La Crosse locations on Thursday.
The fair offered a one-stop-shop to check off the usual tasks before the new school year, like free immunizations, vision and dental exams and school supplies while giving families that might be struggling a helping hand.
"If they can pick up some supplies today at the club or get a free haircut or get a free health check, hopefully that's going to help with some other needs they have in their lives," said Boys and Girls Club Executive Director Jake Erickson.
This is the 4th year the Boys and Girls Club has worked with the school district and the county to put on the fair.
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts Santa workshop
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue
- La Crosse's Rotary Lights on track for record year
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 9, 2017