LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A Viroqua man is sentenced to 15 years in prison for a 2017 homicide by use of intoxicated use of a vehicle.
36-year old Corey Bolstad received the sentence in La Crosse County Court this afternoon.
In addition to the initial sentence, Bolstad was ordered to serve 10 years of extended supervision following his prison term.
In August 2017, a blood test showed Bolstad was under the influence of meth, other amphetamines and heroin when he reportedly weaved and sped through traffic along Sand Lake Road south of Holmen.
He then crashed into another car, causing it to flip several times.
The driver of the other car, 65-year-old Rebecca Berndt, died from her injuries in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Over 30 car break-ins reported in La Crosse over weekend
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- 'Barn Cats' available from La Crescent Animal Rescue
- Final 'Party in the Park' of 2019 Tuesday in Pettibone Park
- Canoe racing Saturday on Coon Creek
- UPDATE: Wisconsin police identify man who was fatally shot by an officer in Caledonia
- Wisconsin reinstates Cephus after sexual assault acquittal
- Treasurer Godlewski meeting with local retirees and farmers in La Crosse
- Stretch of Winona County Road 17 closing for construction
- Omar: Go to Israel, see 'cruel reality of the occupation'