LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Boaters are reminded to use a few safety precautions after a man was ejected from his boat in La Crosse Saturday afternoon.
The incident happened around 1 p.m. near Riverside Park. An unidentified man was trying to fix an issue on the boat when he lost control and was thrown into the Black River.
He was not injured during the incident and was picked up by another boat.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said he was not wearing a life vest and did not have a lanyard that could have acted as a kill switch for the engine.
Authorities from the sheriff's department and La Crosse Fire Department were able to get control of the boat near Riverside Park.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gundersen Health System receives $15.6 million grant for cancer research
- 'Cop on a Rooftop' event supports Special Olympics
- Evers creates new office to reach carbon-free goal
- La Crosse County Board votes down financial support for La Crosse Center
- Impact of tariffs felt at lumber business in Onalaska
- Resource for foster parents in Monroe County looking for community support
- Caledonia rides nation's longest winning streak into 2019
- Kornfest 2019 to serve up "cobs" of fun
- Gamers galore at this years 'Coulee Con'
- Public can tour Coulee Region houses during 'Parade of Homes'