LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - BloodCenter of Wisconsin issued an emergency appeal for blood donations Wednesday.
Donations are at a critically low level among several blood types following the Fourth of July holiday week, according to a news release from BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Local blood drives are scheduled for today, July 11 at Gundersen Health System, 1900 South Avenue, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday, July 13 at St. James the Less Catholic Church, 1102 Caledonia Street from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
According to the release, blood donations are often postponed due to vacation plans and with school being out for the summer, they do not receive donations from high school and college blood drives.
To schedule an appoinment call 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or to go versiti.org/Wisconsin.
- Turnout in Wisconsin primary highest since 2002
- Trane reaches agreement with union workers in La Crosse
- Gov. Walker kicks off re-election campaign in Onalaska
- Broadcasters invite governor, Senate candidates to debates
- Democrats' hope to beat Walker is former teacher
- Little-known official ends ex-Gov. Pawlenty's comeback bid
- Ashley for the Arts donates more than half-million dollars
- Parents who can't afford school supplies get help
- Parade of Homes starts Friday
- Young boulevard trees need to be watered