Trinity Lutheran Church and the La Crosse Area Family Collaborative hosted the 2019 Northside La Crosse Block Party on Monday.
The event featured music and food on the streets, provided by different La Crosse Northside businesses.
This year's theme was to promote positive neighborhood interactions and celebrate "Northside Pride."
Event organizers say the highlight of the event is always handing out brand-new shoes to area kids in need.
"We've been doing the shoes probably almost 9 years," said Trinity Church Member Debra Keller. "As the kids get shoes, they can have a meal, they can have information about community resources, and just have a good time."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin hemp bill changed to appease law enforcement
- Repairs to begin on La Crosse Street near Losey Blvd.
- Man dies following weekend boating accident on Mississippi River
- UPDATE: Pilot dies in Vernon County aircraft crash
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Black River Falls
- DNR board to consider rule closing grouse season early
- Court: Man properly convicted of making Facebook threats
- Authorities: 3 people put body in river to hide drug death