ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Customers and staff were evacuated from Blain's Farm and Fleet in Onalaska Wednesday morning after a customer thought they smelled natural gas.
A small amount of natural gas was found in the air at the store, but the Onalaska Fire Department says a forklift leaking propane caused most of the problems. The Department Chief said some of those evacuated complained about feeling ill.
Three people were treated by Tri-State Ambulance and no one was taken to the hospital.
The leaking forklift was removed from the building before it was turned back over to store management and it re-opened at about 1:30 p.m.
- La Crosse home invasion suspect wanted
- Making lefse to save local church
- Grand Opening of West Salem Middle School
- Hidden Trails Corn Maze opens with significant Olympic theme
- Fire Prevention Week Open House offers a closer look at firefighting
- Dance Marathon helps local children with health problems
- Winona Water Day provides environmental education
- Juneteenth Citywide Celebration continues into September during second phase
- Shut Down Third Street block party celebrates Winona
- News 8 Highlight Zone - September 21, 2018