TOWNSHIP OF ALBION, Wis. - On Saturday afternoon, the Black River Falls Fire Department responded to a shed fire at W12022 County Highway P in Jackson County.
The Black River Falls Fire Department received the call at 4:37 p.m. and arrived to find a wood frame storage shed fully collapsed. The shed and everything inside is considered a total loss.
The nearby house had damage to its siding and two broken windows as a result of the heat. Two nearby vehicles also showed fire damage. All property is insured by the owner.
One of the property owners got second-degree burns on his hands and face from trying to save the home. Black River Emergency Medical Service personnel treated him at the scene.
The cause of the fire is currently unknown.
The Black River Falls Fire Department was at the residence for 1 1/2 hours with four units and eight firefighters. No firefighters were injured.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department and Department of Natural Resources Fire Control peronnel also assisted.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Project to bring apartments, preschool, commercial space to downtown Winona
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault