LA CROSSEA, Wis. (WKBT) - You have the chance to support kids in our community while bowling with some friends!
Big Brothers Big Sisters is hosting thousands of people later this month for 'Bowl for Kids Sake' events across the country. This year's event is also themed around 'Everyday Heroes,’ encouraging teams to dress up as their favorite heroes or superheroes.
"It's a great way to bring the whole community together. Everyone does some peer fundraising to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters, and then the event itself, so the actual bowling, is just a party,” said Big Brothers Big Sisters Community Relations Manager Lauren Pfaffenroth.
'Bowling for Kids Sake' is coming to Winona on April 19 and 20. The La Crosse events are on April 25 through the 27.
You can find out how to join 'Bowl for Kids Sake' on the BBBS website.
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- School District of La Crosse adds new leadership
- Complaint: Beloit mother charged with child neglect had been reported to CPS 40 times before
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant
- La Crosse restaurant owner watching E. Coli outbreak closely
- No major flooding impact anticipated in region
- Warmer weather is keeping Operation Riverwatch busy