LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic in La Crosse had a special visitor Thursday.
Bernie Brewer, the mascot for the Milwaukee Brewers, visited kids in the hospital.
Bernie's visit was part of the kickoff for the La Crosse Area Day at Miller Park in June.
For the last 20 years, the event has brought La Crosse residents to Miller Park for a Brewer game.
Organizers say Bernie was able to brighten the spirits of those suffering from illnesses.
"I think it's a great thing to see people just get into a different mood. And I think it just helps the spirit if you're in the hospital, I think it's a good thing," said Michelle Hoch of the La Crosse County Convention and Visitor Bureau.
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- Saint Mary's holds Breaking Barriers event March 8
- Passengers OK when plane slides off Green Bay airport runway
- Wis.-bound plane crashes in Indiana; no survivors
- Plane slides of Wis. runway
- Taking Flight in Prairie du Chien