CASS LAKE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man's body was found inside a home that burned in Cass Lake.
Cass County Sheriff Tom Burch says his office was notified late Friday of the structure fire. He says the home was engulfed in flames when the Cass Lake Fire Department responded.
Burch says the fire was extinguished early Saturday and the body of an adult male victim was located inside the residence.
Burch says an autopsy is scheduled and the investigation continues with the help of the state fire marshal's office.
- La Crosse Valley View Mall confirms Herberger's liquidation
- Local event aims to support veteran families
- Weather related cancellations for April 18
- Wisconsin Elections Commission to use federal grant money for fall elections
- Assignment: Education - Spartan SOUP
- Backpage seized by federal government
- Crypto outbreak spreads from La Crosse across Wisconsin
- Salvation Army releases annual report
- La Crosse elementary school joins prestigious global program
- Two arrested in Trempealeau Co. drug bust