ARCADIA, Wis. (WKBT) - Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. (Ashley) is assisting with relief efforts for both Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
Ashley is contributing products and subsidizing discounts with a combined retail value of over $1 million in each state, Texas and Florida, a release said.
“Like the rest of America, we were shaken by the images coming from Texas and Florida during and after the two storms,” said Todd Wanek, President and CEO, Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. “Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers are with the victims during this difficult time.”
According to the release, residents impacted by the storms should contact the closest Ashley HomeStore for details on the contribution. In Texas that includes the Houston metro, Corpus Christi, Victoria, Beaumont and Nederland, and in Florida, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Orlando, Jacksonville, Naples/Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers and Miami.
Additionally, Ashley employees across the nation are holding a flood drive to gather food and personal hygiene items and monetary donations.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond
- Two arrested after police chase
- Altra donates $75,000 to proposed Trane All Abilities Park
- Flu hospitalizations up at La Crosse hospitals
- Winona emergency crews respond to fire quickly after seeing smoke from garage
- Gundersen sexual abuse counseling program helps people from across state