LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new book was published by an area third grade class.
Third graders at Crucifixion elementary school in La Crescent wrote and published a book called 'Third Grade Fiction Fun.'
Their teacher says the students are very creative storytellers and she wanted to take their writing to the next level by collecting and publishing a book of their stories.
The school ordered a book publishing kit and structured an assignment around the book.
On Friday afternoon, the class held a release party for the book.
Their teacher says it gave the students some important life experience.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Wis. GOP watching political climate ahead of primaries
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond