LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Here is a list of area road conditions:
Wisconsin 511:The state system is experiencing flooding as a result of spring thaw, heavy snow this winter, and rain in some areas of the state. There is a growing list of highway closures and restrictions that is changing hourly. We remind carriers/drivers to check 511 hourly as conditions are changing that quickly. Local road closures and restrictions are not in the 511 system and drivers are reminded to follow local system closures or posted restrictions.
Minnesota 511: For a complete update on road conditions, visit their website here.
According to the Holmen Area Fire Department's Facebook Page: Be cautious driving through standing water or water flowing across a roadway. The depth can vary causing your vehicle to stall or the road may be compromised. Take a detour and avoid the risk.
The City of Hokah is looking for volunteers to assist in sandbagging for 7 Rivers Surplus. Interested parties are asked to meet at the parking lot behind the Hokah City Center, formerly Bluff Country Learning Center at 211 Main Street. Please bring your own gloves, shovels if you have them, and knee-high boots are preferred but good working shoes are at least required. Members of the Hokah Fire Department are there to assist.
Jackson County road closures:
- US Hwy 12 at Rudkins Road near Black River Falls- WB lanes closed
La Crosse County road conditions: The La Crosse County Sheriff's Office is updating their Facebook Page here with the current road conditions.
Monroe County: Is under a Flood Warning until 7 p.m. Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will also cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots. Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become unstable and unsafe.
Trempealeau County is experiencing scattered flooding. Here is a website with continual updates on road conditions. Currently all these roads in BLUE segments with high water are still passable, so proceed with caution. Closed roads will appear in RED.
Vernon County: Here is the Vernon County Road Report.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse Parks and Rec finalizing $3.5 million tennis facility plan
- Rail supporters propose more Amtrak stops in La Crosse
- La Crosse Tribune eliminating 20 positions
- Evers: Barnes should pay any delinquent taxes
- Downtown Sound concerts underway in Onalaska
- Evers signals opposition to car registration fee increase
- Blue Stars concert supports Hunger Task Force
- American Academy of Pediatrics recommends vaccinations for children going to summer camp
- Golfing fundraiser benefits CouleeCap housing program
- Tomah's Humbird Cheese celebrates 50 years in business