LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An area real estate agency is educating people about buying their first home.
Castle Realty in La Crosse held a home buyers seminar Sunday at the Hmong Cultural & Community Center to talk about everything people need to know before saying yes to that dream house.
Topics of discussion ranged from financing to structuring an offer and becoming pre-approved for a mortgage.
La Crosse's current housing market has made it tough for people to buy a home so real estate agents want people to be prepared before starting to look for a house.
"Well it's a really competitive market right now. The market is extremely hot. As far as home buyers are concerned, it's very competitive, it can be a little difficult to get into home and its a lot different nowadays than it was a few years ago,"
Around 25 people attended Sunday's seminar.
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- State Assembly overwhelmingly passes Gov. Walker's Health Care Stability Plan
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school guard grant bill
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2018