LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE: Authorities identified the driver of the SUV that crashed into the Econo Lodge early Sunday.
According to the police report, Jennifer Kasch, 29, was reaching for a piece of gum in her purse when she lost control of her vehicle and crashed into the hotel Sunday morning. Kasch disputes that and says she told her passenger to get some gum in her purse.
Kasch is cited for failure to keep a vehicle under control and inattentive driving, according to police.
2/19/2017: Guests at the Econo Lodge in La Crosse had a rude awakening Sunday morning.
According to The La Crosse Fire Department, around 8:00 a.m., a driver lost control of their Jeep Liberty and ran into the Econo Lodge on Rose Street.
The driver nearly drove into the hotel’s hot tub, which no one was using at the time.
No one was hurt and the totaled vehicle was removed from the building.
- Kennel sponsorship program provides for furry friends
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Viterbo University hosts annual Nutcracker performance
- Onalaska American Legion hosts Holiday Art Show
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue