LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - - Wednesday November 8th was signing day, and a number of area high school athletes committed to playing another four years at a higher level. Another area swimmer has joined those signings by committing to Mankato.
Anja Enervold signed her letter of intent nearly a week after signing day. The reason she didn't sign at the same time as her classmates?
Anja is homeschooled.
But Enervold hasn't let that slow her down in the pool. Anja swims for the YMCA Wave. And for the second straight year, she has qualified for the YMCA's national short course meet in four events.
"It feels really good (to sign the letter)," said Enervold. "I'm excited to spend the next chapter of my life at Mankato. I know both the coaches there, and I know I'll really be able to grow as both an athlete and a person under them."
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Wisconsin relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Minneapolis improves connectivity to prepare for Super Bowl