LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One local organization wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to celebrate Valentine's Day. Local community members with disabilities had the chance to enjoy music and build community connections Sunday.
Aptiv held the Valentine's Sweetheart dance that was free and open to the public Sunday afternoon at the Days Inn in La Crosse. The event featured a DJ, snacks, and a dance floor.
Attendees of the dance say they are grateful for an opportunity like this and hope the community hosts more like it in the future.
"It's pretty neat for the city of La Crosse and for the disabilities community to come to. I say I hope we all have a nice time partying for Valentine's Day with our family and friends," said dance participant, Brandon Ferris.
Aptiv, formerly known as Riverfront, has held this event for more than 20 years.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Project to bring apartments, preschool, commercial space to downtown Winona
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault