LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT - New applications are being accepted for Aptiv’s Miss RemarkAble pageant.
The pageant is returning for its fourth year this summer and gives women with disabilities the opportunity to build life skills and self-confidence through educational sessions and onstage experience in an uplifting and supportive environment.
Women with a documented disability ages 13 and older who live in La Crosse, Monroe, Jackson and Vernon as well as the city of La Crescent, may apply. The pageant is open to any women with disabilities, Aptive said.
All pageant contestants will attend educational workshops prior to the pageant covering conversation and public speaking, and self-esteem and confidence building to help prepare for the onstage performance. Hair and makeup assistance will be provided by the Salon Professional Academy in Onalaska.
Former applicants can begin applying on April 23rd until the deadline of May 18th.
The pageant is Saturday, July 28th, at the La Crosse Center North Hall. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no