LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds met in La Crosse this weekend for a regional pool tournament.
The Stansfield Vending annual pool tournament was held at the La Crosse Center. The event started on Thursday and Friday with the singles tournaments and moved to team tournaments on Saturday and Sunday.
Each tournament had multiple divisions based on the skill of players. Nearly 900 people from Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa participated.
"We started at 8 in the morning on Saturday and ended at one o'clock at night with no breaks so you're really tired at the end the day. Then we won so we're back here Sunday for the finals. It's a long grueling thing really. Lot of fun though," said tournament participant George Wright.
This was the 43rd year the event was held. More than $47,000 in payouts were given out throughout the weekend.
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail
- La Crosse woman indicted with five others in federal court for drug conspiracy
- La Crosse County raising awareness for safe prescription practices
- Home costs, demand increase as Wisconsin economy improves
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- Golf courses in La Crosse area opening for the season
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Job fair in La Crosse gives students help in planning future careers
- Youth & Government Day teaches La Crosse students about how government works