LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Altra Credit Federal Union will host a free Cash Camp for students ages 8-10, June 19 and 20 at their Operations Center, located at 1700 Oak Forest Drive in Onalaska.
This two day financial education camp will help educate children on key financial concepts by offering hands-on learning experiences with activities, discussions, and other learning opportunities. Topics that will be covered include budgeting, money basics, and the importance of saving, spending, and sharing. Cash camp will run 9:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. Both days must be attended for completion.
"Cash Camp is a great way for kids to learn and begin to understand money basics while having fun and making new friends," said Danielle Anderson, Youth Program Supervisor for Altra Federal Credit Union.
Cash Camp is free to attend and is facilitated by Altra employees. Altra membership is not required to attend, but registration is necessary to save your seat. The session is limited to 30 students. You can register online at https://www.altra.org.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police seeking help in identifying theft suspect
- Evers issues order to curb PFAS pollution
- Vernon County authorities need assistance in identifying hit & run suspect
- Western Technical College to offer three new programs for automation, animal science and robotics
- Iowa man who killed top golfer from Spain gets life sentence
- Ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife found dead in Minnesota
- Bee-lieve it: Rare bee spotted in Wisconsin
- White nationalism stickers found in La Crosse neighborhood
- Mayo Clinic Health System to close La Crescent Clinic, transition services to other locations
- Great River Folk Fest brings music to area kids