LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Alternate side parking wraps up Friday night for many communities in the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse Police Department will not write tickets for alternate side parking violations after midnight.
The Police Department issued more tickets this year for violations, issuing nearly 15,000 tickets compared to last year's 13,000. La Crosse officers say while the policy is not a popular one, it benefits city roads.
"It gets down to being able to maintain and service our roads and keep them as cleaned off as possible, not only of snow but then if the snow does melt, we are able to get out and do some of those maintenance things that the city also needs to accomplish,” said La Crosse Policed Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The alternate side parking season also ends at midnight for Shelby, Onalaska, Holmen, West Salem and Campbell.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached