LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse city council voted Thursday night to shorten the length of La Crosse's alternate side parking season.
Instead of having the parking restrictions in place from the start of November until the end of March, alternate side parking now won't start until November 15th and will run until March 15th.
The change comes after some complained about having to park on a single side of the street even when there's no snow on the ground.
However, the La Crosse Police Department says shortening the season by a total of four weeks will cost the Parking Utility $35,000 in lost revenue.
The change passed by a 10-to-2 margin.
- La Crosse Center board members hope to overturn mayor's veto
- Statewide alert sent out for man missing from Tomah VA
- Missing Town of Campbell man found safe
- Police make arrest in Bangor home invasion, attacks
- UPDATE: Two escaped Wisconsin inmates captured
- Pawz Academy teaches kids about animals
- La Crosse receives Wisconsin Active Together award
- Groundbreaking for Eagle Crest South expansion
- Utility buys Wisconsin land for substation to power Foxconn
- Documents detail journey of woman accused of slaying husband