BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Alcohol and speed are believed to be a factor in a single-car crash Monday night in Jackson County.
According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to a crash near Highway 54 and Brockway Road around 10:54 p.m. on June 24.
Authorities found a vehicle that appeared to have left the highway, went airborne and crashed several hundred feet away in a wooded area. Five individuals were at the scene, two with serious injuries requiring life flight transportation. The three other subjects were transported by ambulance to local hospitals.
Alcohol, speed and lack of seat belts are all believed to be factors in the crash, law enforcement said.
The case is still under investigation.
Assisting at the scene was Black River Falls Fire Department, Black River Falls EMS/Ambulance, Hatfield EMS, Sparta Ambulance, MedLink AIR, Life Link III and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County buildings, properties to go smoke-free starting this weekend
- Cher offers to incur expenses for anyone who sues MMSD over recent employee firing
- VIDEO: La Crosse Center holds Public Input Session, video walk through
- Wisconsin students walk out to protest racial slur firing
- Pearl Street Brewery hosts retirement party for Brewmaster Randy Hughes
- University of Wisconsin sees decrease in enrollment
- La Crosse County buildings will be smoke-free
- Grant helps Veteran Mentor program in La Crosse
- Kids Dance clinic keeps Onalaska grade school students active
- City of La Crosse to begin hydrant flushing