LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A fatal accident on I-90 shut down the westbound lanes Sunday afternoon.
The accident happened around 12:40 p.m. near Exit 2 on French Island. According to a police report of the incident, a woman had stopped her vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate and exited her vehicle when she was struck by a passing motorhome.
She managed to recover from the contact, but was then struck a second time by a passing truck towing a camper trailer. The second crash was fatal.
The incident is still under investigation. The woman's name is not being released at this time.
The Wisconsin State Patrol responded to the incident, assisted by the Onalaska Police Department, La Crosse County Sheriff's Department, Town of Campbell Police Department, and La Crosse County Coroner's Office.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse