BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - A school bus, on the Millston route in Black River Falls, overturned Wednesday morning.
According to Dr. Shelly Severson, Superintendent of the Black River Falls School District, there was not a collision and six students did get checked over at an area hospital, after complaining of headaches or sore backs.
All parents of students involved in the incident have been notified, Dr. Severson said.
"We are extremely sorry that this happened. Our buses travel thousands of miles each day and we pride ourselves on maintaining student safety. While this incident was stressful for all involved, we are extremely proud of how our students and staff responded. The first person to arrive commented on how orderly the students were exiting the emergency exit at the rear of the bus, just like we practice! During this week of Thanksgiving, there is much to be thankful for," Dr. Severson said.
The cause for the rollover, per state protocol, is being investigated by the state patrol, Dr. Severson said. "They will issue a comprehensive report of their inquiry, they said it would likely be next week. In short, the driver said that the tire went off the shoulder and when he corrected the bus turned on its side," according to Dr. Severson.
- 'Fill the Food Shelf' event collects food for northern Minnesota food shelves
- Myrick Park Center hosts the season's final winter farmers market
- Local Civil Air Patrol members honor the fallen
- UWL celebrates winter graduates with commencement ceremony
- Span of Latsch Bridge in Winona to be removed this week
- Last minute shopping continues at Valley View Mall
- Car Accident in Neillsville late Friday night results in 2 fatalities
- Car ends up in river near Blackhawk Park in De Soto
- Commencement ceremony held for Viterbo University graduates
- Look out for symptoms of holiday depression